Chelsea FC Foundation
Professional style football training alongside further education in a school environment
As of September 2020, Chelsea FC Foundation will be working in association with the Sir Robert Woodard Academy to provide a College Academy Programme.
The programme will provide a professional style football environment in which Sixth Form students can develop their footballing ability while gaining qualifications through A-Level and BTEC courses. Alongside these courses, students will also be given the opportunity to complete qualifications, such as FA Level 1 Football Coaching badge, which will enable students to start working within the football coaching sector.
The association will also see Chelsea FC Foundation work with the Sir Robert Woodard Academy Sixth Form football team, where students can expect to receive high quality coaching within the regular training sessions provided. Students can also expect to receive additional sessions, led by our team of experienced coaches, on improving performance through nutrition, strength, conditioning and recovery.
The Chelsea FC Foundation College Academy Programme is designed to provide students with a theoretical and practical platform leading to suitable exit routes after sixth from, whether it be university; a playing scholarship abroad; coaching or direct into the work place.
To join the football academy student must successfully complete a trial and an online application to the sixth form at SRWA.
From September 2021 we will be offering a full programme of Chelsea Foundation courses in addition to the coaching programme. Full details can be found on our subject pages.
For further information regarding the programme please contact Dominic Taylor at email@example.com.
Applications for the Sixth Form places at W6 are now open. Students should apply here.
Academy Benefits & Eligibility
As a Chelsea FC Foundation College Academy football player you will receive:
- Training kit and tracksuit provided following enrolment fee.
- Chelsea FC official match day kit provided for fixtures.
- 12 hours per week contact time with our Chelsea FC Foundation coaches including; training, strength and conditioning sessions and match day fixtures.
- Opportunity to gain qualifications in the form of; Level One Football Coaching badge, First Aid and Safeguarding Children.
- Participation in the National Football Youth League.
- Affiliation with the Chelsea FC Foundation.
- Annual entry into our Chelsea College Academy Foundation Cup held at Chelsea’s Cobham Training Facility.
- On-site medical support for injury prevention and rehabilitation.
- Free use of the Academy fitness suite.
- Free fitness, strength and conditioning, exercise and nutrition programmes designed and monitored for you.
- Mentoring for college/university preparation and support.
Chelsea FC Foundation College Academy selection criteria
To be eligible to be considered for the Academy, you must be:
- 16-18 years of age on 31 August of the enrolling year
- Enrolled to study at W6, The Sir Robert Woodard Academy Sixth Form
Chelsea FC Foundation College Academy Coaching Staff:
Sussex Schools Officer: Nathan Evans
Sussex Football Officer: Dominic Taylor
Football Coaches: Thomas Atkinson, Zac Moy
Our football facilities include:
- 3G Football Pitch
- Fitness suite
- Bespoke football training equipment
If you have any queries, please contact our Sussex Schools Officer, Nathan Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org