In consultation with parents and students, an Academy uniform has been developed that is inexpensive, easy to care for, smart and functional. The wearing of this uniform is compulsory as it is an important element in self- presentation, self-discipline and pride in the Academy.
Parents are able to buy most items of uniform from a wide range of shops and stores. Some items, however, have to be purchased from First4Uniform. These are marked with an * (asterisk).
- Black knee length knife pleat skirt or drop pleat skirt, alternatively tailored black trousers (jeans are not acceptable attire)
- Academy embroidered blazer*
- White long sleeve blouse/shirt (blouses must have a collar which can be worn with a tie)
- Academy v-necked embroidered jumper (sleeves/sleeveless) (optional) *
- Academy tie in chapter colour*
- Black socks/tights
- Black low heeled leather or leather effect shoes. No trainers, canvas pumps, plimsolls or Vans are permitted. No logos, patterns or contrasting colours are permitted. Applies to ALL students
- Hooded sweatshirts are not part of the Academy uniform. During cold weather students should wear an appropriate dark coat or the Academy jumper
- Academy embroidered sports shirt*
- Academy rugby/football shirt*
- Black shorts
- Black Academy tracksuit bottoms*
- Black sports socks
- Trainers or plimsolls
- Rain jacket
- Football boots
- Shin pads
Dance students may wear, as an alternative to the PE/games kit, following items:
- Black performing arts T-shirt or plain black T-shirt
- Black tracksuit bottoms, black shorts or black leggings
Hair colour, facial piercings, earrings and rings
Hair should be of a natural colour. No extreme hairstyles e.g. mohican or coloured plaits. Jewellery is not considered to be in keeping with Academy uniform. However, students are permitted to wear one pair of stud earrings (these must be gold or silver metal in colour only) and a watch. Ear stretchers are not permitted. No other earrings are permitted. No facial or visible body piercings will be allowed. If students wish to have a piercing then it needs to be done at the start of the summer holiday, this will ensure that they are able to remove any piercing during the time they are in the Academy. Headbands should be all black or all white only.
Female students at the Academy have the option of wearing a skirt with their uniform. It states in the Academy dress code that these skirts MUST be plain black and knee length. This means that they should sit on the knee or below. Female students should choose either the knife pleat or drop pleat skirt, which should be purchased from First4Uniform. Skirts made from stretchy fabric are not appropriate.
Make-up should be kept to a minimum and natural looking. No nail varnish should be worn. No false eyelashes or false nails permitted. These can only be applied during the holidays and must be removed on returning to school.
Sixth form dress code
The Sixth Form encourages smart, stylish dress which expresses our students’ self-confidence, pride and sense of the standards expected in business and professional work places.
All students are required to wear a suit or equivalent
- Tailored trousers and matching jacket
- Suits/Suit Jackets
- Fitted Jackets
- Collared Shirts
- Tailored trousers or skirt and matching jacket
- Shirts/Blouses (appropriate for a workplace)
- Fitted jackets
- Dresses if worn should be tailored and knee length
Smart, black leather or leather look shoes. No canvas, trainers, plimsolls, flip-flops or sandals. Heels should be no more than two inches.
Sport students may wear Academy sports kit with trainers on days when they have sports. Trainers must be suitable for sporting activity.
NB: Health & Safety regulations do not allow students taking practical subjects to wear open toed footwear.
Clearly items such as leggings, clothing with offensive logos and collarless t-shirts do not meet the standard expected.
As with professional dress codes, jewellery and make-up are to be subtle and discreet.
The Academy reserves the right to decide what is considered appropriate.
Generally, students not meeting the dress code will be sent home.