A very warm welcome to all new families joining us in September 2022. At the Sir Robert Woodard Academy, we are committed to ensuring that your child’s transition from primary to secondary school is smooth and enjoyable as possible. To support this we run an extensive Transition Programme to help new students settle in quickly. Please see details of the programme outlined below.
Benefits of the SRWA Transition Programme:
- Students will be able to familiarise themselves with the building and some of the SRWA teachers where possible.
- SRWA teachers will meet new students and recognise their capabilities and enthusiasm .
- Open Evening - scheduled time slots for students and families to visit the Academy.
- Tours - small group tours during the school day.
- Enhanced tours - tours for vulnerable children with the Inclusion Manager or SENCO, after the school day.
- Visits to Primary Schools - a time for SRWA staff to visit our feeder schools.
- Year 6 Parents Evening - a time for parents to book an appointment to discuss their child, if they are vulnerable, for example those with an Education Health and Care Plan or those who are Children Looked After.
- Transition Evening - a time to come into the Academy, hear from the Principal, collect a Year 7 Handbook and meet the Year 7 team.
- Transition Day - a day of taster subjects sessions to get excited for that September start!
|7 October 2021 - 6.00pm-8.30pm||Open Evening|
12, 13, 14 and 19 October 2021
|Various dates||Enhanced tours|
|Various dates||Visits to Primary Schools|
|16 June 2022 - 4.30pm - 7.00pm||Year 6 Parents’ Evening for vulnerable students|
|5 July 2022 - 5.00pm-7.00pm||Transition Evening|
|6 July 2022||Transition Day|
We hope that this clarifies the transition process this year, however, should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The admissions process itself is explained in a West Sussex booklet which is freely available from local primary schools. The West Sussex County Council website www.westsussex.gov.uk also provides full details regarding the admissions procedures. The admissions and over-subscription criteria follow the WSCC agreed protocols and procedures.
Please see here for details of travelling to SRWA.
Below is last year's online Transition Evening for your information.