Working for the Academy
The Academy, which opened in September 2009, is located in Lancing just along the coast from Brighton, West Sussex. We are part of the Woodard family of schools and have twin specialisms of performing arts and mathematics.
In January 2012 we moved into a fantastic £30 million new building which offers outstanding facilities for both staff and students.
We seek to employ enthusiastic and inspiring professionals to join a team of dynamic staff who are committed to working creatively with our young people to raise standards and enable them all to achieve. In return we offer a supportive and stimulating environment with a comprehensive CPD programme and opportunities for further development.
We offer: an excellent induction programme
- A commitment to high quality continuing professional development.
- The opportunity to be part of developing a centre of excellence for young people.
- All members of staff have free use of the new Academy fitness suite and are able to use the extensive new sporting facilities.
- All classrooms are equipped with the latest technologies for teaching and learning and staff benefit from the use of a touchscreen tablet netbook for use in and out of the Academy.
The area: Lancing
- Is situated on a mainline railway, an hour away from London and just 18 minutes from Brighton.
- Is served by a dual carriage way making commuting by car easy from east and west.
- Has some of the lowest house prices for purchase or rent along the sunny south coast and is increasingly seen as a desirable place to live.
- Has recently seen a massive investment in capital projects in the area. As well as the Academy, there is a new swimming and sport complex and Brighton and Hove Albion have recently decided to build a £29 million facility just along the road from the Academy.
- Is located a stone’s throw from some of the most popular beach resorts in the country.
- Overlooks part of Britain’s newest national park, the South Downs Country Park.
- Is a great place to live and work.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts will be subject to satisfactory references and successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
We have the following teaching and support staff positions available, also advertised externally on eteach, plus (teaching post only) advertised via Tes online and (support posts) via WSCC grid for learning: